Welcome to Gardenville

You stumble upon a cutest garden you have ever seen. Unfortunately it has been abandoned many years ago or so you think. You see, as you watch carefully you notice small movement under the flowerbeds and wildened grass. Small animal families have moved to the garden and now every abandoned tool and object (watercan, boot, clock.. etc...) is a home of a different family. Welcome to Gardenville! These are Teeny Weeny Families!
(please don't copy the photos and use without my permission, they are taken from my own collection. Teeny Weeny Families is a trademark of Vivid Imaginations Ltd)

Monday, August 3, 2009

Introduction

Teeny Weeny Families

Teeny Weeny Families (Love Them * Protect Them * Collect Them) were first created by Vivid Imaginations Ltd at 1996 for girls aged from 4 to 8. They are also known as Home Sweet Homes in USA (or Mini Surprise Families) and Mini Sweety in France. These playsets contains a house (different shapes and sizes) with an animal family and furniture/accessories. Also in USA there were small playsets called Hiding Places (unfortunately these were not sold in Europe...).

My Collection
Teeny Weeny Families were a huge hit in Finland and it was voted to be the toy of the year in 1996. I started collecting them when I was 10 years old, the same year they came to stores here. Some of my friends also collected them, but only had one or two houses. I saved my pocket money and bought most of the playsets during the years they were sold at stores. Unfortunately nowadays you can't find them from stores. That's why, because I was missing a couple of houses and families, I started using eBay to get the missing pieces. And last Friday (31.7.2009) I was finally proud owner of those last houses (except Hiding Places which were sold in USA). Still I have some work to do, because I'm missing 8 figures and some accessories, but I'm gonna get them.... Also more furniture would be good...

Why this blog was created?
This blog is my tribute for my favorite toys! I will be posting images of my collection (one family at a time) and writing the back-stories for them (those I still have left or remember). I hope there are people out there who remember Teeny Weenies and also love and collect them. If you have them but are looking for getting rid of them, I'm more than happy to buy them to complete my collection (especially furnitures and figures... Not that interested of houses, but if you have them in excellent condition, I'm willing to think of buying them also)
When I have covered all the families, I probably will be keeping this blog as an ebay checklist... if I find Teeny Weenies sold on eBay, I will link it here.

Comment if you read my blog and write about your memories of these toys!

Links out
Guide to Littlest Petshop (she has info and pictures of Littlest Petshop toys + Teeny Weeny Families, tho only some)

3 comments:

  1. I remember them from my childhood. I had tons of them and they were so cute, but some of the smallest parts got lost...The twinbabies in the brown family were the cuitest! It's nice to see someone who liked them as much as i did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to find any-wear who still sold these do you know of any...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emelia: There is even cuter Brown's baby in the second generation. His name is Billy and his mouth is open so that you can put a milk bottle in. :D

    ReplyDelete